09 June 2011

Discipleship ... All Grown Up

Monday was the first day the Shades Mountain University Ministries Team was with us in Capricorn. I met with the Team this morning, briefed them on the week & sent them with some Living Hope friends for an official tour of Living Hope's ministry sites. I met back up with them that afternoon as we introduced the Team to the Life Skills Educators & allowed the Team to hear the hearts of those I work with, the people that are on the ground everyday ministering to the children & teens.

As Afternoon Club began, I was beaming with pride as I watched 2 of my former youth (Jenna and Allison) serve the people God called me to and minister to those they've personally prayed for out of my requests for ministry in South Africa. These girls were in my Core Group (small group) while I was on staff at Shades Mountain Baptist; I've known these sweet girls for 7 years, invested so much love into them and prayed they would multiply and disciple others after my time with them. With my own eyes I watched that prayer play-out. These girls are teaching and investing in others, the discipleship process is in action - I did all I could do, planted seeds, watered them and now others are watering that seed and the fruit is ministering to others. Wow! I'm honored, I'm excited, I'm proud of who these young ladies have become. I'm even more proud that they would sacrifice their time and money to invest in the culture and teens that God has burdened me for. They're seeing with their eyes all the things I've been telling them about and all the things and people they've prayed for. They're encouraging me and reminding me that progress has been made here and that the work is worth it! Seeing life here through their eyes is a blessing and seeing them minister to those I love is a deeper blessing!

Praise the Lord for teams that bring me strength!


No comments:

Melanie's website.

www.melaniedill.com