10 August 2011

Pray for Mia!


This little girl has stolen my heart.

Many of you who follow this journey have seen my Mia before. She's one that God has brought me - one to love, one to pray for, one to support, one to challenge, one to discipline, one to cherish. Little Mia has taught me so much in her young 4 years of life. I've known her since she was 1 years old, walking around Capricorn in the filthiest of clothes, eating out of dumpsters, not being cared for properly. Since that time, she jumped into my heart and God has connected us in a special way. Mia is doing MUCH better than she was when I first met her in 2008. She's been through a lot, but God is guiding her steps and using people around her life to love her and show her Christ's ultimate love.
I get to see Mia every Sunday as I pick her up and bring her to Sunday School. I'm determined that this child is going to be introduced to seeds of faith and the knowledge of Christ at an early age - what she does with it is up to her, but she's a very clever child and I know God has a plan for her in this tough little town called Capricorn. I don't know how anyone could survive Capricorn without knowing Christ.
There are some developments taking place in Mia's life. I can't give many more details, but I can say that August is an important month in the life of this child and her future living arrangements. I'm working alongside her 'family' and trying to be involved in the protection and care of Mia as much as I can. After reading the book, When Helping Hurts, I'm overly cautious on HOW I help, but staying in contact and regular visits seem to be the best and only way I can assist right now. I know that's not much 'detail' to give you, but I wanted you to see Mia's face, get a picture of her need for Christ, and get you to pray for the events of this month.

. Please pray that God's will be done despite the government policies and regulations.
. Pray that Mia is emotionally and mentally protected through it all
. Pray that Mia's actions are obedient and not disruptive in the house
. Pray that the home where she's staying will have unconditional love and continue to support Mia
. Pray for my emotional and mental state as I'm hurting and struggling to deal with this child's welfare - JUSTICE isn't easy

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness and to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8

"Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless ..." Isaiah 1:17

"If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water whose waters do not fail." Isaiah 58:10-11

No comments:

Melanie's website.

www.melaniedill.com