21 October 2012

South African Baby Shower

My South African friend, Natalie is having a baby! I was honored to be invited to her "friends and family" shower! It was beautiful with pink and brown decor; many of the guests added to the buffet by bringing things Natalie loves. I was asked to bring Red Velvet cupcakes. I whipped up these tiny little beauties (thanks to my last American cake mix in the pantry) and added homemade cream cheese icing! YUM!

We also were asked to bring a note/memorabilia for the baby. I decided to add something I knew Natalie needed to pass down to her children: the salsa recipe that Natalie swoons over and requests frequently. This recipe has taken quite a journey. It's the recipe that Shades Mountain staff have come to know and love (originally from Kim H), but I've had to tweak it to substitute ingredients which we can find in South Africa. Natalie loved my over-sized recipe card!

Can't wait to meet baby Hannah. Stay tuned, I'll introduce you soon.


Red Velvet cupcakes ... icing a bit skew on some, but tasted NICE!

Beautiful Natalie serving herself milk and cookies

with my salsa recipe and note for baby

Natalie, Hannah and Melanie

We ate all afternoon ;)

No comments:

Melanie's website.

www.melaniedill.com