16 March 2016

When a field worker goes silent ...

When a field worker goes silent via social media or their blog, there’s usually one of three things going on …

1. things are hard and challenges are overwhelming (and we feel no one will want to hear about the series of down days)
2. the internet is messed up (because this isn’t America)
3. there’s so much good stuff going on, there’s not time to document it all

Thankfully, my lack of reporting has been because of the latter! There’s so much going on, I feel as busy as an American, and I’m needing a breather. 

Let me tell you what happened just yesterday …

I’ve been mentoring a girl from the community. We had another session yesterday over coffee. She said to me, “I just want to know my purpose. I have no idea why I’m on this earth.” And there flew open the door for me to tell her about my purpose in Christ, my ‘non-religious’ views - describing church as a place filled with grace and love, not rules and judgment. I told her God sent Jesus because He knew we could never work our way to perfection, but our belief in Jesus gives us access to a relationship with our Creator God. 

And she said to me, “I’ve never heard that before. I thought to know God I must be at church all the time and pray a certain number of prayers. That’s good news!” I smiled inside because, yes, that’s THE GOOD NEWS! This precious gal is not ‘churched.’ She’s not filled with a family tradition of cultural church attendance and religion. She’s fresh into the seeking realm and really wants to make her own decisions about faith. 

My community is far from evangelized. There are so many beliefs and works-based-religions that are holding people back from freedom in Christ. Evangelism is happening through mentoring and relationship.

……………………


I have a long Easter break coming up soon, so I’ll document some more God-stories and catch you up. God is doing amazing things and opening doors for deep ministry. This is a true answer to prayer. Please continue to pray for favor and time to do what God is calling me to do - nothing more, nothing less. 

No comments:

Melanie's website.

www.melaniedill.com