15 October 2015

Violence escalating in Capricorn

Shootings, more protests, fires and chaos. There is unrest. Our community needs peace.

Again, today the primary school and non-profits are closed. Police are patrolling. The community is at a standstill.

The parents and youth I've talked to feel trapped in Capricorn and want to have the freedom to walk their streets again. The children want to go to school. One of my co-workers was shot with police rubber bullets as he was trying to see what was going on yesterday morning. There's a battle between the law and those who have "community control."

Those protesting are throwing stones and attacking all who try to leave or come in Capricorn. They want the attention of the government and will do anything to get it.

South African Local news:

http://ewn.co.za/2015/10/14/Strong-police-maintained-in-Vrygrond-after-taxi-protest

Videos from our Butterfly Art Project friends: 



PRAY FOR CAPRICORN / VRYGROND:
  • Pray for our law enforcement trying to do their jobs.
  • Pray for our children who are unable to study and go to school because of this protest.
  • Pray for justice.
  • Pray for safety of all involved.
  • Pray that this is an opportunity for the Gospel and unity. May the local church arise and care for all in our hurting community.

AGAIN, I'M OK. 
I worked from a co-worker's home outside of Capricorn today. We did team for the non-profit and I'm doing ministry admin as well. I'm calling all my Capricorn "families" and my extramural tutoring children. The Vrygrond Trust (who cares for the community) is in communication and letting us know when it's safe to go back into the community. I'm anxious to see my kids and love on them. But I promise I'm wise and letting the Spirit work when I can't be physically there. 

No comments:

Melanie's website.

www.melaniedill.com